Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

So I have made several new recipes lately but I never remember to take a picture of them. And I personally love to see pictures when I am looking for a new recipes. So I will try and remember to snap a few pictures. However in the meantime I would still like to share some of the recipes that I have really enjoyed.

My favorite recent recipe is Crock Pot Salsa Chicken. It is about the easiest meal I have made so far and it's delicious. Joe loved it and I think it will be a regular dinner for us. The crock pot is seriously one of my favorite kitchen items. It makes preparing dinner so easy!

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken:

3-4 chicken breasts
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 jar of salsa (16oz)
1 cup sour cream

Place the chicken breast in the crock pot. Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top of each chicken breast. In a bowl mix together the salsa and the cream of mushroom soup. Pour the salsa/soup mixture over the chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 15 minutes before we were going to eat I used a fork and shredded the chicken and then added the cup of sour cream. We ate the chicken in tortillas and topped with shredded cheddar cheese.

1 comment: